Why Are Some Really Smart People Underperforming These Days?
The demand of modern office life is leading to an increasingly common condition many of us in the field recognize as Attention Deficit Trait (ADT). As I always like to say: "You don't have to be ADD to feel like it these days"! So many of us are struggling with the tsunami that has become our world.
Believe it or not, overworked managers — like your colleagues, employees and maybe even YOU — are suffering from a very real neurological phenomenon caused by brain overload. Previously dependable executives are being turned into overwhelmed underachievers. In truth, the human brain just isn't made to "download" all of the information that is bombarding it on a minute-to-minute basis. We just don't have the data points.
Interestingly, some of the core symptoms of chronic circuit overload and ADT are:
- Inner frenzy
Ultimately, ADT wreaks havoc among harried executives, managers and employees, leading to lost productivity that hits companies where it hurts most: the bottom line.
There is a practical and achievable solution.
Professional coaching is an ongoing partnership that focuses on defining and setting goals in order to get great results. Crazy Busy Coaching is structured for business leaders, managers and decision-makers who are intent on changing the workplace culture that fosters ADT. This process is about retraining yourself and your employees through creating and maintaining support, external structures, timeframes and strategies.
Through extensive research and personal experience I have created a proprietary system called Crazy Busy Coaching — a collaborative process that helps executives with ADT or managing ADT in the workplace take action — and get results.
- You will learn effective, invaluable tools and strategies needed to prosper in the world of speed and overload in which we live.
- We will help you devise strategic action plans for getting totally focused and on track — setting concrete goals and a practical and effective course of action for following through.
- You'll learn exactly how to think clearly, plan effectively, protect your time, manage the overwhelm and do what you always thought was impossible.
- Gain confidence
- Get the most important things done everyday
- Feel complete at the end of the day
- Achieve greater productivity at work
- Replace frustration, inefficiency and paralysis with peace of mind and overall well-being
I call that priceless!
If you would like to schedule a 15 minute conversation with me to discuss, I'd love to hear from you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call my office at 212 517 6488.
And always remember to have a productive day!