Happy 2015 to all of you, my dear readers. I know that many of us are slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things this week so I thought I would keep it short and sweet. Wouldn't it be nice to get unblocked, unfrustrated, refocused and on track with your life? Here is a simple step by step way to make some incremental progress in the right direction.
First, take a deep breath. Then…
Identify the challenges and obstacles that are frustrating you.
- Get really clear on the big picture and even more importantly, all of the small things that are creating it.
- Design your vision for success, as in think about what one or two steps you can possibly take and what the end game looks like for YOU.
- Establish concrete goals for getting there
- Reduce each goal to manageable parts…breaking one at a time down to smallest possible action / next steps
- Set up clearly defined commitments for action, accountability and focus, as in get out the calendar and pick a time to take action A or B.
- Get out of your comfort zone and commit to doing something differently than you have been doing it. Not everything. Just one thing.
It’s that simple: We all, no doubt, have a ton of potential waiting to transform itself into focus, action and extraordinary results.
So, this year, let it be all about incremental progress in the right direction. That is what I call success.